The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with our staff's training, professional credentials and work experience.
Dr.Paul A. Richter, DPM
Undergraduate: Loyola University, Chicago B.S. Biology
Graduate: Wm. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine D.P.M.
- Surgical Preceptorship South Bend Osteopathic Hospital, Dr. E.E. Swigart, Director
- Residency, James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa FL, Dr. James Black, Director
Private Practice: Established 1984, Tampa FL
- Consultant and Treating Physician, Port Richey Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic 1987 to present
- Direct Commission, United States Naval Reserve 1987
- Board Certified American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics, 1987
- Fellow American College of Podiatric Orthopedics 1987
- Board Certified American Board of Podiatric Medicine 1996
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics and Medicine 1996
- Board Certified American Board of Podiatric Surgery 1998
- Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. 1998
- Fellow American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine 1998
In addition to above credentials, Dr. Richter is involved with American Board of Podiatric Mediclne in the formulation and or the administration of the annual certification exam as per the Board's needs as well as the Case Documetation Comittee..
He also has been appointed by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) as an on site reviewer of post graduate residency programs in podiatric medicine and surgery, reviewing hospitals several times per year based on the the needs of CPME and the Joint Residency Review Committee.
Dr. Richter holds privileges at Tampa CommunityHospital, Florida Hospital, Carrollwood, Memorial Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital and the Tampa Veterans Hospital. He annually attends 40 hours of continuing medical education classes.